Hello! My name is Jenny. I am a wife, mom of 4 (two human and two dog children) and consider myself fairly active. My side gig is certified group fitness instructor at a local gym. I am certified to teach 4 different classes including cycling, weights, barre and a step-based format. I first became certified 3 years ago.
My whole life has been filled with on again, off again fitness routines, and on again, off again "diets". Body confidence is something that has never come easy to me and I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Over the course of the last year, I have finally started to break free of some of the negative self-talk that has been holding me back. I have finally started to see my self-worth!
My Stealth experience started with a good friend of mine. Her physical therapist recommended she buy one to help with core strength. I tried hers out and immediately decided that I needed to get my own! That was in the summer of 2020. I received my own Stealth in August and haven't looked back since! I started out doing my own thing, just playing games, because the freestyle moves were a little scary to me! Those first few times on the board were fun, but so hard! It was WAY harder than I thought it would be. Then I decided to join the Festive Freestyle Challenge. Adding in those freestyle moves changed it all!
Stealthing has become a critical part of my fitness routine now! In addition to the 2 or 3 classes I teach weekly, I lift weights 4 times a week and fit some sort of cardio in whether it be a nice walk or cycling and a yoga class each week. And can't forget to Stealth daily! For 2021, I have finally made a goal that doesn't involve weight, well, not my own weight at least! My goals are all related to the weight I LIFT!
Some things I have noticed since I started using my Stealth regularly
- My form is improving every day in my own workouts as well as my class formats
- Teaching is becoming easier and I am able to stay doing more reps in the advanced versions of exercises rather than just demo the moves!
- I am increasing weight in my own workouts at a much faster pace than ever before! In fact, just last week I hit my back squat goal!
- I am standing taller which has made my confidence skyrocket!
- And finally, I am down 2 inches in my waist since October and am starting to notice some muscles appear, especially in my shoulders and back!
Who would have ever thought that something like a PLANK could bring so much positivity? The Stealth has helped secure my daily workout habits to the point I'm no longer getting discouraged about my progress. I am starting to enjoy fitness again! I am starting to love myself again! I am proud of my accomplishments and look forward to hitting many more goals!